Its a bad day!






I know each person is fighting a battle of their own but today I feel like my walls are closing in. I bet there will be a lot of mothers with autistic children that can relate to this.

I open my diary on a Monday to look at the week ahead, it is full of therapy hours, appointments for reviews with therapists prior to NDIS reviews, Student support group meetings and so on and so on. This does not include the normal after school activities, work and health appointments for us all. I constantly spend my time trying to be 2 steps ahead.

I received a call last night that my mum was in an ambulance on her way to hospital and this morning she has gone into surgery, I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for the call to hear that she is in recovery and please say your prayers she is ok. She is my biggest support person and I wish I could do anything to help her right now.

My in-laws are flying out on Thursday overseas for 3 weeks for a much-deserved vacation and I’m feeling awful because I don’t want them to go.

I dearly love my children but today I am envious of other families that don’t have these types of issues. Yes, I know everyone has their own battle but today I wish I had someone elses.

I hope that someone reads this and doesn’t feel so alone in this isolating world that I call motherhood and special needs.

I know tomorrow is a new day but today is just shit!

Thanks for reading

Jess xx

Comments